Monday, April 26, 2010

Draft Prospect Odds Sheet 4-26-2010

For the last two year's I have made a sheet displaying how likely I think it is that a player will reach a certain level after he's reached his peak or 4-5 years after he's been drafted. I have divided the levels into seven categories: Franchise player, recurring all-star, fringe all-star, solid starter, fringe starter, decent bench player, or out of the league.

The first such sheet for this season can be seen here

On the far right column, the rating of the player can be seen. This is a basic formula where the odds of each category are each given a certain value (with out of the league carrying a negative rating), and then are added together to give the final score. The rating provides me with yet another useful tool when ranking players, as I figure out another way to extract how I truly feel about the prospects of a player instead of just some blanketed overview.

Disagree with some of the odds? Don't like how this is done? Let me know - you can find me on twitter under HoopsCasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment